Nomination Details & Application
The purpose of induction into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor individuals who have obtained a high level of achievement in their athletic endeavors and through their accomplishments have brought recognition to Kern County.
There are no restrictions on who may submit a nomination, but an individual or team must be nominated by someone other than himself, herself, or a member of the nominated team.
To be considered, the nominee:
- Must be an outstanding athlete born in Kern County (or) Must have lived in Kern County for at least five years before or during the time he/she was achieving the success for which he/she is being considered for induction (or) Must be an athlete who attended school in Kern County and earned athletic honors in other areas
- Must have achieved a State, National and/or International level. The level of achievement will be considered in the selection process
- May be living or deceased
The Board of Directors may also consider for induction other nominees who:
- Must have been born in Kern County (or) Must have lived in Kern County before or during the time he/she was making a major contribution to athletics for which he/she is being considered for induction (or) Must have attended school in Kern County
- Must have made a major contribution in the promotion, sponsorship, and/or administration of athletics in Kern County, or at State, National or International level
- No more than one such nominee may be inducted in any one year